Michigan  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/25/06, 9:16 am

Return of Earnest Money Deposit form

I am in search of a form to present to the title company (they don't have such forms) for return of earnest money deposit that both the buyer and seller could sign so I can get my earnest money deposit back. They said they require a signed release from both parties in order to release the money. The general mutual release that I have obtained from the real estate company discharges the parties from any further claims against the other, and I still plan on suing my builder in small claims court for a $2500 upgrade that I never should have paid for prior to closing.

Any suggestions on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dianne

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search