Legal Question in Traffic Law in Michigan

I was polled over for speeding last thursday, it was stated that i was driving 15 over, when infact i was going 3mph over (5 over in michigan). the officer took my info and returned with an offer, because of a prior offence he asked me if i was still "occasionally" smoking marijuana, he was nodding yes and saying "oh come on, i was young once too", so i said, "occasionally". he asked if i had anything he should know about in the car, i said no.

he told me to step out, he kindly asked me to take my sun glasses off, i did, after about a second he said "ok!, you can put your sunglasses back on" and gave me his offer. he knew i just reinstated my licence and would not want to get any more points because they would probably suspend it again. so he asked to search my car, and if i did, he would let me off with a "5 over warning" i agreed to let him search, and he gave me the "warning ticket" and id back.

come to find out, its a not a warning and i still have to pay 100 dollars and recieve points.

I find that i was conned by this officer and he was not honest with our agreement.

just trying to rack up more arrest. can i fight this in court?

Jules Fiani Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani

I have thorough experience in this area of the law. I have successfully helped clients with cases like this for over 30 years. Call me immediately so I can help advise you how to properly deal with this situation.

Visit www.jnfiani.com for more information.

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

You can fight or negotiate any ticket, but you have admitted to speeding. Having an attorney would certainly helpful. Tim Klisz. Kliszlaw.com

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Michigan