Legal Question in Construction Law in Minnesota

I am a sub contractor and I work with another guy who also is a sub contractor. We both have seperate LLC's and bill the same contactor for different jobs. We worked on a job together for this contractor where the homeowner needed some reimbersments for some carpet damage. His LLC billed the contractor for the job in 2010 and he paid me for the work I did. I recently billed this same contractor under my LLC for a totally different job in 2011 and they deducted the reimbersments for the 2010 job from my LLC rather than billing this other gentlemans LLC. Do I have the right to demand I be paid in full for my invoice? I did not invoice them for the job in 2010 that needed the reimbersements. They just assumed that since we work together on jobs that they can just bill either one of us.

Daniel Reiff Reiff Law Office

This is governed by the contracts between the parties. The general rule is that you get paid for and pay for the items in your contract with the general, and the other sub does the same. That said, it is impossible to give you a definitive answer without reviewing the documents and communications between the subs and the general.

More Construction Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Construction Law Legal Forms