Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

If I had a suspended imposition for a felony charge in my past but I completed my probation and was not convicted of the crime will I be eligible for a small business loan ? I have searched online for sometime now and cannot find an answer to this question. On the SBA website it says that anyone indicted for a felony crime is ineligible, but that would seem very silly to bar someone from a loan program just for being accused of a crime and not fully convicted of the crime. If I had a suspended imposition can I get an SBA loan ?

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. You may have a private attorney review the exact wording of your case disposition in relation to the exact wording as to eligibility for the particular loan program to which you want to apply and the attorney will be able to provide you with a legal opinion on this matter. This website provides general information and general principles of law and does not provide private legal advice. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Phone: 612-296-9666

dwyer.tricia@gmail.com

CRIMINAL LAW

BUSINESS LAW

DEBTOR CREDITOR LAW

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota