Legal Question in DUI Law in Minnesota

Last night I had too much to drink and I ended up passing out at a public bus stop. The cops were called and I was put in handcuffs and placed in the back of squad car. The officer drove me two blocks to my house and let me go. What I am wondering is if I still could have been charged with something or if I was not seeing I was not given any paperwork, brought to jail, read my miranda rights, etc.

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

You could have been and still ay be charged with public intoxication or even disorderly conduct. It is possible that a citation would follow in the mail. On such a charge, its is not necessary that you are brought to jail and Miranda warnings are only required if there will be a custodial interrogation.

Maury D. Beaulier

Attorney at Law

(612) 240-8005

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. My impression is that it is possible that you may receive some sort of appropriate citation in the mail, or, you may have been cut a break. In certain circumstances, police may want to cuff someone for reasons of their personal safety. It sounds as though the Miranda warning may not apply to the situation. Do confer privately with an attorney and she/he will happy to assist and advise you.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

MINNESOTA CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAW

DRUG-ALCOHOL LAW

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Minnesota