Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

In a Divorce in MN, am i required to split my 401k with my spouse? It was started during the marriage, and has less than $9000 in it. Thank you

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Each case is unique. Often, with regard to a retirement plan, a divorcing couple may divide the portion of the plan that was accumulated in a '50-50' sort of manner. Some couples certainly do not want to divide a particular plan at all. Please confer with a private attorney as to your needs. You are welcome to phone me for assistance. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

TRICIA DWYER ESQ

TRICIA DWYER ESQ & ASSOC PLLC

PH 612-296-9666

FAMILY LAW

DIVORCE LAW

PROPERTY DIVISION LAW

NONMARITAL PROPERTY LAW

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota