Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

I am divorced, joint physical and legal custody. My ex wanted to get our 5-year old's ears pierced and I said no, until she was old enough to care for them herself.

Her solution, she had her 18-year old daughter (not mine) take our child to get the ears pierced, thus mom didn't do it! The older daughter signed as the parent. What can I do to stop this behavior from happening again? Is this a criminal or civil matter?

Asked on 10/03/13, 10:32 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is not a criminal matter. It can be raised in family court or in mediation of family disputes. Ultimately, however, such decisions are difficult to stop. Choose your battles wisely.

Maury D. Beaulier

Attorney at Law

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 10:50 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. I urge you to address this matter immediately. Criminality certainly does appear to be involved, but whether the matter would be prosecuted or not is a separate issue. Yes, definitely there are civil issues and I urge you to seek detailed attorney counsel with no delay.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC








Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 12:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now