Legal Question in Employment Law in Minnesota

Unemployment is claiming my husband received 12,000 the past year in overpayments...which is not true my husband claims....he spoke with them the past two months trying to get them to resolve the matter....they said they would look into it..and call back..he had to keep calling them..on one of calls..they said it did look odd..and apparently the money went into a black hole in thier system...now they claim they will not investigate further..and he has to pay that amount back...we can't even file our taxes until they send corrected amount..and now they claim it is fraud overpayment...we are at our wits end with this...

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Of course, based on what you stated, I have no idea what your exact issues are. I will state generally that Minnesota unemployment fraud matters may be roughly categorized into three types: Clerical errors, benefit over-payments and tax irregularities. Minnesota unemployment violations in the nature of fraud may be prosecuted criminally at the felony level. I urge you to seek private attorney counsel and representation for this matter, and with no delay. I suggest you telephone several Minnesota licensed attorneys in choosing one attorney to assist you, because you ought to feel a sense of great trust with the attorney assisting you. If money is an issue, know that some attorneys, myself included, will consider your finances in fee. Again, please seek attorney help right now. All the best.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms