Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Minnesota

Bladder cut during C-section

With the birth of my first child (May 11') I had a cesarean section a difficult labor. Since the birth of my daughter I have had a terrible time urinating, and it feels as if my insides are going to fall out I understand this was was an unintentional laceration to bladder. The surgeon admitted she might have applied too much pressure when making the c section cut.

While I understand I signed a release showing these mistakes can happen. Would I have a case?

Rob Shainess Capstone Law, LLC

You may have a case against the surgeon, regardless of the form you signed. Doctors are required to make patients aware of the potential risks of a procedure, and they often do so by having their patient's sign an "informed consent" form. This form, however, does not absolve the doctor of the obligation to perform the surgery in accordance with medically acceptable practices and procedures. If the surgeon failed to perform the procedure in a medically appropriate way, and that resulted in injury to you, you very well may have a valid claim against the surgeon and/or the medical facility where the procedure was performed.

Please feel free to call me at (612) 548-1604 if you would like a free consultation concerning your potential claim. Please also keep in mind that there are often important deadlines in this type of case, and you could lose your claim if you do not meet those deadlines. Therefore, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Minnesota