Mississippi  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/04/11, 11:13 am

My husband signed both of my daughter's birth certificates knowing he was not the biological father and has been an awesome Dad to them both for the past 7 years. The biological father has had VERY little to do with my oldest and nothing to do with my youngest. It has been 4 years since he has had anything to do with my oldest since she was 3 he chose to stop seeing her then 8 months later went to prison for 2 counts of car theft, assault on an officer, and resisting arrest and he also has had a drug problem on and off since I'v known him for the past 7 years. He got out of prison a year ago and now wants some kind of rights to both children. I won't let him see either of them. Can he get rights?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search