Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

Stolen Money

My boyfriend created a bank account with both our names. He has never deposited any money into the account. I have direct deposite of my pay check. I left him and he has locked me out of the account. I fear that he has taken my money. Is there anything that I can do?

Asked on 6/03/09, 11:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Stolen Money

Take a letter to an officer of the bank alleging fraud and conversion and request that the account be frozen. File a petition in chancery court requesting an injunction for the bank to deliver the funds to you and requesting attorney fees and an equitable lien on the boyfriend's assets for any amounts he has removed from the account.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/09, 9:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now