Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

contest divorce

My husband and I have been married 14 years. He is in the military. He wants a divorce and says we had problems. He did not make me aware of any problems. He just said he doesn't want to be married anymore. He has has 3 affairs that I know of and I believe that he is involved with some one currently. He has a lot of hangups and I know that he needs counseling. He will not agree to go. We have a 14 year old son. I do not want a divorce and he seems confused. What are my options? Can I contest the divorce?

Asked on 5/23/09, 5:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: contest divorce

You can contest the divorce. But, you should do everything you can to quickly preserve all evidence of adultery and regarding the assets. Then sue for separate maintenance and divorce in the alternative, and include in your petition a request for custody, exclusive use of the home, temporary alimony, and temporary support. With this, you can negotiate from your strongest position.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/09, 5:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now