Missouri  |  Business Law

I have an internet business (proprietorship) in the state of Missouri named 'Fepo Trading Company.' The company has not had operations in about 3 or 4 years now, but the company is still in good standing with the Secretary of State's office in the state of Missouri. It simply lies dormant (no operations).

My question: I am considering starting a new internet business that would be an LLC, not a proprietorship. I would like to either call this new company just 'Fepo, LLC' or 'Fepo Research, LLC'.

There is no trademark violation with that name. But, will it create a problem given I already have a proprietorship named 'Fepo Trading Company'?

Do I need to I drop the 'Fepo Trading Company' name and business in order to form the new LLC, 'Fepo Research'?

Despite the fact that these would both internet businesses, they would be two completely different businesses. I doubt I would ever have operations again with 'Fepo Trading Company'. When I renewed the business license with the Secretary of State’s office last year, I thought I would at that time.