Legal Question in Business Law in Missouri

I have worked from home for a number of years, I had worked for this company previously and they were bought out, then went back on a part time basis. I had a laptop from them originally that they gave to me when I left the first time. I then went back to work for them and after a time, the laptop died and they bought me a new one. The old one was backed up so they transferred all of the pictures, personal info., and business documents to the new computer. On 9/13/13, I was let go due to financial difficulties from the company, that was over a month ago. Nothing was said about the laptop so I assumed it was mine, since I had so much personal info on it. My question is do I have a legal obligation to return the computer, I just received a call that they now, after over a month, want it back? Let me know, Please!

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Based upon the facts you described, it appears that the laptop is still the property if your firmer employer. Other facts might change that. You should consult directly with an attorney i'm your area.

Good luck

More Business Law questions and answers in Missouri

Business Law Legal Forms