Missouri  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/09/13, 8:30 am

What can they do to me for credit card default of $17,000?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/10/13, 8:43 pm by Anthony Smith

If the debt is proper, they can sue you in the county where you live. If they obtain judgment, they can garnish your wages, execute on your bank accounts, and/or have the judgment become a lien on real property that you own or have an interest in. There can be many defenses to a credit card debt law suit. You might consult directly with a civil practice attorney as to the specific facts of your situation, prior to being sued. Many attorneys offer a free or low cost initial consultation. Gather your paperwork, and go see one in your area..

Good luck

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search