Missouri  |  Credit and Debt Law

ok i just found that there is a warrent out for me for wirting bad checks here in st.louis who do i contact to try to pay them so i can get that warrent off my name

Answered on: 2/09/10, 7:56 am by Anthony DeWitt

Once a prosecutor issues a warrant for an arrest, charges have been filed. Merely paying the check does not cause the criminal case to go away. You need to hire a seasoned criminal defense attorney to handle this matter for you. Assuming you can pay the checks, and the extra fees, there is a chance that an attorney can work out a deal for you that will not involve being arrested. However, if you cannot pay off all the checks and all the fees, you may need to see both a criminal defense attorney as well as a bankruptcy attorney. Either way, do not delay in getting this taken care of. If you call the prosecutor's office they will tell you what you owe, but they may also tell you that you have to surrender, be booked, and post bond. An attorney might be able to help you avoid that, depending on the prosecution's method of handling these matters. Good luck.

Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC 715 Swifts Highway Jefferson City, MO 65109