Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Can an adult under limited guardianship be forced to put child up for adoption?

Asked on 5/11/13, 12:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Depending upon the limitation, a protectee may be able to keep parenting a child despite their guardians wishes. A person in that situation should contact the probate Court (where there guardianship is) to raise their objection. You were not able to provide enough facts here. If this does nit resolve your question, you should consult directly with a probate attorney in your area.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/12/13, 5:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now