Missouri  |  Juvenile Dependency

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/17/13, 9:57 am

I have a daughter that just turned 17. She has resided in the state of Missouri since she was 9, but when she turned 17 she told me she was going to move out, since it is now legal for seventeen year olds to do so, and that she was moving to New Jersey with a boyfriend. I told her I was against the idea, but, she walked out and hasnt spoken to me since. I know it is legal to move out at 17 in Missouri, but since it is a different state that she moved to, do they have laws that could make her come back home, or does she have to be a legal resident of New Jersey first before their laws apply to her?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search