Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Missouri

Is it legal, under any circumstance or by any loophole, for a 17 year old girl residing in the state of Missouri to move out of her home WITHOUT parental consent? Everyone I have spoken with has told me it is completely legal, and if it is NOT, can you please tell me why it is the popular opinion that it is legal, and if there is anything parents can do...thanks.

Asked on 11/13/13, 5:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She can emancipate herself by two ways: 1) getting married or 2)being independent, self sufficient, and self supporting.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/13, 10:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now