Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Missouri

My husband and I have lived in the rental property for a year. We wanted to sign another years lease. The landlourd is going through some personal problems and and wanted us to go month to month, as he may need to move back in. Now that he knows I have put a deposit on another home he has offered a years lease.

My question:

Can he take his property back if we are in a lease contract? What if he sells the house do we have to move if the new owner requests it?

Thank you for your time and answer.

Marie Herrold

Asked on 9/12/13, 6:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A lease is a contact saying that he can't move in during the Lear period. Someone who buys the house does so subject to the lease, unless the lease agreement says otherwise.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 7:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now