Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

20 years ago we changed our driveway from a rear entry to a side entry and had a retaining ewall built with railroad ties. It extended onto the neighbors property by about 3 inches at the very bottom of the drive. We had written permission from him at the time. Now the wall is rotting and needs to be replaced. Our neighbors who live there now are happy to have the eyesore fixed. We want to have a stone wall built and replace the ties. However, the stones are wider than the ties so it would extend onto their property a few more inches. They are happy to sign something that gives us permission to do that. Are there any legal issues we need to think about before we go ahead with this?



Asked on 7/10/13, 3:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. You need an easement. The cost of hiring an attorney and doing this properly will be more than offset by your avoiding legal problems in the future!

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 6:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now