Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

I live in missouri and am currently renting an apartment. I have lived in the apartment for three years with my two children. My lease is almost expired and I'm building a home. The home will be complete approximately one month after my lease expires. Do I have any legal rights to stay in my apartment until construction is complete if I do not renew my lease?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Based upon the facts you described, you do not have a right to remain, once your lease ends. In fact, if you do, you might owe another year of rent. Your situation us nit unique. Often holdover tenants and landlords agree to a one month extension if such a lease. If you go this route, make sure to have a written agreement signed by you and an authorized agent if the landlord BEFORE your present lease ends.

Good luck

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri