Legal Question in Traffic Law in Missouri

I was accused of an object falling off of a trailer I was towing. I know, without a doubt that the object was not on the trailer I was towing. It hit another cars windshield. How do I prove that their was nothing on my trailer that could have done the damage he claims?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

It can be very tough to prove a negative. Fortunately for you, the party claiming the damage has to prove that the item came from your vehicle or the trailer. Your insurer will pay for an attorney to defend you. If you weren't insured, you should consult directly with a defense attorney in your area. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation.

Good luck

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

The above answer is excellent. But, if you have received a ticket or summons, you definitely need legal counsel. A trial may come down to your testimony against the "victim"'s, and any witnesses who saw what happened. An attorney may help you avoid taking a conviction for something you know you did not do. I handle such cases, and you may contact me directly for a free telephone consultation.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Missouri