Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Missouri

My father died in 2010. My mother is still alive. When my father became ill my parents deeded their real estate to their oldest child with the understanding that she be their caregiver and they could live out their remaining years in their own home, which is also on the property they deeded to the daughter. My mother fled her house in 2011, on what is now my sister's property. She left with only what she could get in a car, all of her household property including machinery that belonged to my parents behind. Now my sister is refusing to give her any of her belongings. Should something be filed through probate or is this a civil matter. This happened in Jefferson County Missouri

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If your parents did not transfer their personal property, then your mother still owns it. She should use a police escort when she goes to get it. If she cannot get the escort, she should file an action to claim her property back, in the circuit Court. These things are fact dependent. Your mother should consult directly Ruth a civil practice attorney in her area, before acting..

Good luck

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Missouri