Nevada  |  Discrimination Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/14/09, 10:06 pm


I currently live in nevada and work at a company as a manager. I have had problems with an employee, but because she is sleeping with upper management I am not able to fire her. I have approached this problem with the director of operations of our corporation and have been told thats the way it is.The general manager shows alot of favortism between her and all the rest of the employees, such as vacation days, equipment, harassment and and verbal abuse substained by her. She creates an demoralizing work enviroment. I get daily complaints from her co-workers about her attitude and arrogance and why she is allowed to conduct hershef in the manner she does. I personally have been hindred in my ability to manage my department, as employees see that I am unable to correct her. She has made personal attempts to ruin my character and cause me hardship. My question is, if I move to California, can I file a discrimination case in California instead of Nevada?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/15/09, 10:19 am by David Fischer

Re: discrimination

Your first step should be filing a complaint with the EEOC. Our firm handles employment law in Nevada and California. Why don't you give me a call free of charge to discuss your situation.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Fischer Sanders, LLP 601 S. Tenth Street, Suite 106 Las Vegas, NV 89101

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search