Nevada  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/22/06, 8:26 pm

Does child support stop after adoption

My ex-wife's husband adopted my two daughters. My ex says the adoption has been finalized, but I have to pay child support untill their names are changed on their social security cards. When can I stop the allotment? Also, The divorce was in Clark Co. Nevada, and I think the adoption was done in Texas. Do I need to file anything with or notify Clark Co. pertaining to my stopping the child support due to their adoption?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search