Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

custoryu of a child

I the mother of out prmary chid, but recently allowed my husband to take care of him during his 1srt school yearing, Mainly due to issues of behavioral problems, and the fact that he was missing his did. He did is not wanting to retune my som this sommer, and has already put him in tee-ball for the, summer, and the summer agreement was that we wqas to return to the custodial parent (me) this summer. I have primary custody and he has secondary custody, what can I do to regain the primary custody? And do I have to return to Nevda to resolve this issues. Pleasse Advice

Anita Webster Webster & Associates

Re: custoryu of a child

Per the court's prior order you still have custody and need to bring a motion in the state where the order originated from or where you and the minor child have been residing for more than six months If the court agrees with you that you should continue to have custody of your son then you can obtain a "pick up" order if your ex refuses to return the child. However, be aware that your ex might try and bring a motion in Nevada if the minor child has resided with him for more than six months.

Jeffrey Cogan Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Cogan, Chartered

Re: custoryu of a child

You would have to return to Nevada if the boy's father still lives in Nevada. Otherwise, you could try to do it in Tennessee but you need to localize your decree.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada