Nevada  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/17/13, 9:09 am

Do I need to file anything currently? Or is it up to my sons father?

My son's father and I have a current custody order that is joint physical and joint legal for our soon to be 7 year old in Nevada. We have a private week on week off visitation arrangement. The order states my child will attend school wherever mother (me) resides. It doesnt state anything about moving in or out of state but it does state that notice will be given for any time out of the state and not to exceed a 2 week period. My son's father recently accepted admission at a university in California and states that he wants to take our child with him to also attend school in California. He has been going behind my back and taking our son to CA on the weekends to tour and turn in enrollment papers at "his new school." All of my sons family, friends, soon to be arriving brother, school and extra cirriculars are here and I highly oppose the move. My son has told me, my mother and my husband that he does not wish to move.

Dad recieves military money for school and school related expenses but does not have a job. He owns a home here, but does not have anywhere in California to my knowledge. He has a girlfriend that he will be moving with who has a home based buisness, but no steady income. His dad will be entering a pretty involved degree program so I dont see how he will have time for family. I have no problem with reasonble visitations for dad when my sons school schedule allows. His dad is asking for the opposite, that I be summer vacation mom and I disagree.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search