Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

restraining order

I was serverd at work a 30 day retaining order, from my ex of 10yrs. the hearing is set for the 21st of aug. On the 7th of this month I will be going to file my own retraining order againist her and her adult son, my question is do i have to appear at the hearing set for the 21st ? I cannot take off work, and in a sense am glad she filled this order except (the things she put in it are not true, and that is why i must file my own, will i be in trouble if i dod not attend?..your help is greatly appriciated, Thank you very much.

Adam Breeden Breeden & Herbe, Ltd.

Re: restraining order

If you do not appear to fight the order, the court may extend the order, sometimes for as much as a year. You should appear and present your side of the events.

I would not file a restraining order of your own unless you have a very good reason to.

If you like, we can work out a charge for me to meet with you and attend the hearing on your behalf. Please call me to set up an appointment if you would like to do this.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada