Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

Can I get sole custody if the non custodial parent moves out of state without notifying me? He lived only a few miles away up until 1 month ago and has not seen his son in 6 months. Before that he would stop by here and there. The current custody agreement he has every other weekend.

Asked on 8/23/13, 3:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You certainly can file a motion to modify custody and the Court will have a hearing on both joint and legal custody after he has been served your motion. It kind of depends on the Judge whether you would get sole custody after one motion. Usually the Judge will give him a chance before changing from joint to sole legal and/or physical custody.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/13, 4:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now