Nevada  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/12/13, 12:15 pm

How long should an attorney take to do a simple trust amendment to a trust? The attorney did the original trust for my Father & Mother in Law. My Father in Law has passed and now her son will now be on the trust account. My Mother in Law is in good health but 87. We saw the attorney in January 2013 and have called several times to get a date to come in together (we live out of state) but there is no response to several calls and emails to his office. The attorney is a trust/will/estate planning attorney in Nevada. HELP! Her estate is approximately only $400,000 total. He charged my Mother in Law $500 and she is very upset that he refuses to answer our calls and emails and feels like if something happens, she the family will be left to attend to her estate; which she doesnt wish. (The original trust that was done by this attorney was $1800). So...what is the prudent amount of time we should expect to wait to complete this amendment? Thanks! The Family

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search