Legal Question in DUI Law in New Hampshire

I have had two "dui/dwi" in the state of NH. and lost my CDL class A to drive big trucks for at least ten years. it has been three years now. i do have my regular license back( lost that for a year). But my question is, Is it possible to get a pardon before the ten years is up so as to get or try and get my CDL back, thanks

Kenneth Whitney

P.S. I now live in MT

Bruce L. Dorner Dorner Law Office

As with all legal matters there's a stretch between "possible" and "likely." The starting point would be for you to contact the NH DMV to discuss your situation and see if there is anything they might do on an administrative level to reduce the term imposed before you can reapply for your CDL. You certainly could apply for a pardon, but it's not likely the Governor and Executive Council would get involved in a DUI matter unless there are extraordinary circumstances. A full review of the facts surrounding your conviction would be needed to fully evaluate the potential for relief.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Hampshire