Legal Question in Bankruptcy in New Jersey


I have some credit card debt problems and a judgement has been issued against me. If necessary, can i file for bankruptcy, even though i filed bankruptcy (10 yrs ago)?

Thank You

Asked on 1/31/10, 8:32 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Stephen Starr Starr & Starr, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

An individual who previously filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy case and obtained a discharge can file a second chapter 7 bankruptcy case and obtain a discharge if the first case was filed eight (8) years before the second, or six (6) years if the prior case was a chapter 13 bankruptcy case.

Please feel free to review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on our website at and the postings on our Blog (there is a link on the site) for more info.

The foregoing is intended as general info. of interest to readers of this website and is not intended as legal advice for your specific situation. Facts and circumstances not disclosed in your brief posting may materially affect your rights. You should consult with an attorney.

Feel free to contact me at 8888678165 for a free initial consultation regarding your bankruptcy options. Starr & Starr, PLLC handles personal bankruptcy cases throughout all of New Jersey and all of New York.

Best regards,

Read more
Answered on 2/06/10, 8:33 am
Jeffrey Walters Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Walters, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, sufficient time has passed. If you would like assistance or have additional questions, feel free to give me a call.

Note: Due to the limitations of the LawGuru Forums, the response to questions posted does not constitute legal advice or legal representation of the person posting a question. The information provided is general. The poster should obtain specific legal advice from an attorney, and should not rely upon the response as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/10, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now