New Jersey  |  Bankruptcy

Hi.

I have some credit card debt problems and a judgement has been issued against me. If necessary, can i file for bankruptcy, even though i filed bankruptcy (10 yrs ago)?

Thank You

Answered on: 2/06/10, 8:33 am by Stephen Starr

An individual who previously filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy case and obtained a discharge can file a second chapter 7 bankruptcy case and obtain a discharge if the first case was filed eight (8) years before the second, or six (6) years if the prior case was a chapter 13 bankruptcy case.

Please feel free to review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on our website at www.starrandstarr.com and the postings on our Blog (there is a link on the site) for more info.

The foregoing is intended as general info. of interest to readers of this website and is not intended as legal advice for your specific situation. Facts and circumstances not disclosed in your brief posting may materially affect your rights. You should consult with an attorney.

Feel free to contact me at 8888678165 for a free initial consultation regarding your bankruptcy options. Starr & Starr, PLLC handles personal bankruptcy cases throughout all of New Jersey and all of New York.

Best regards,

Starr & Starr, PLLC 260 Madison Ave., 17th Fl. New York, NY 10016

Answered on: 2/07/10, 3:31 pm by Jeffrey Walters

Yes, sufficient time has passed. If you would like assistance or have additional questions, feel free to give me a call.

Note: Due to the limitations of the LawGuru Forums, the response to questions posted does not constitute legal advice or legal representation of the person posting a question. The information provided is general. The poster should obtain specific legal advice from an attorney, and should not rely upon the response as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.

Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Walters, LLC 3000 Atrium Way Suite 2201 Mount Laurel, NJ 08054