Legal Question in Disability Law in New Jersey

I slipped and fell in my house and was out of work for 3 days and my office manager called and said I had to put in for short-term disability so I did and I wound up needing knee surgery and I had nerve damage in my other leg. My company kept denying my short-term disability even after I gave them everything they asked for. I eventually had to put in for S.S. permanent disability and was approved in less than 6 months. My company just called me and asked when I was coming back to work and I told them I was granted S.S. permanent disability and they told me I would be Terminated. What can I do? I am loseing my house and we had to file for chapter 13. and my marriage is faulty.

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

An employer's insurance is usually for on the job injuries (e.g. Worker's Comp.) unless you have a supplement policy that covers you injuries away from work. If you do not have such a policy, unfortunately, your employer can terminate your employment. I would suggest that you try to work something out with your employer on possible return as soon-as you are medically cleared by your physician.

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in New Jersey