Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

PLEASE help me with a SHOPLIFTING offense 2C:20-11b(2)

I am 18 years old and was arrested the other day from shoplifting a wetsuit from a surfshop. I'm almost positive the wetsuit was valued under $200. This is my first offense ever; I have no record. I am required to appear in court a few weeks from now and I don't know what to expect. I am not getting my parents involved in this whatsoever, so I'm on my own in this one. If anyone has any advice on what I should do or what I can expect punishment wise (fine, probation,jail, community service?) please give me your imput. Thank you for your time.

Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

Re: PLEASE help me with a SHOPLIFTING offense 2C:20-11b(2)

You are looking at heavy fines, potentially some jail time (but if this is your first offense it is not likely you will go to jail), having a criminal record, being forever barred from going into that surf shop, and paying a civil penalty of $150.00 in addition to the criminal fines. If you really did do this and you just got caught, then you really don't have a defense. You would hire a lawyer under these circumstances to try and minimize the penalties you are looking at. If you didn't do and are really not guilty, then you would hire a lawyer to take your case to trial. If you are just going to plead guilty and ask the judge for your forgiveness, then you may not even need a lawyer. Please call me at 908-272-0111 to discuss your case in more detail. There is never any charge for simply discussing your case with me. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

www.njworkerscompensationlaw.com

Rafael Gomez Rafael Gomez, Attorney at Law, P.C.

Call 201-646-9799 for a consultation. When u get to court the judge has very broad discretion with this type of charge. You may face a slap on the wrist, up to a $1000 fine, community service, or jail. There's a lot for the judge to play with here. Call for further info.

John Ducey Law Offices of John G. Ducey, PC

The judge has discretion as to what penalty to give someone who is convicted of 2C:20-11b(2). The key is to see if there is some way to get the charges reduced. I am an attorney down the shore so if the incident happend here and you would like to speak further call me at 732-286-2170.

John Ducey

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

To learn everything you never wanted to know about a shoplifting charge click on www.garymooreattorneyatlaw.com and then click on the shoplifting page.

If you want to hire a good criminal lawyer, call me.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jerseyt

800 273 7933

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey