Legal Question in DUI Law in New Jersey

Can a judge change his terms on a sentence ? Example (2year suspension to one year) after he ruled on it ?

Asked on 10/25/13, 10:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Polsky Law Offices of David W. Polsky
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are typically guidelines for sentencing which a Judge must follow. This includes a range of penalties for suspensions jail etc. if you were sentenced to a 2 year suspension, and the guidelines for your offense had a range which could be 1,year then you would have a right to reopen the matter for a hearing to request a reconsideration for a sentence. Typically this would only be granted for new information being submitted or some exceptional reason.

However, if 2 years would be the mandatory minimum for your offenses then that suspension could never be lowered.

Read more
Answered on 10/26/13, 4:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now