New Jersey  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/06/12, 12:35 pm

I stayed with husband for a week. Marriage took place in India. I'm a US citizen and he's an Indian citizen. If I'm granted divorce on grounds of extreme cruelty in US will it be valid in India if one year has not expired since US grants divorce at any time due to extreme cruelty? what if its based on irreconcilable differences after 6 months of marriage?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search