Legal Question in Insurance Law in New Jersey

My husband has a term life insurance policy for $400K He recently changed the beneficiary from me (his wife) to his young grandchildren. I have been paying the premium for the last 30 + years. Do I have any recourse?.

Also, if the money is left to the grandchildren, is it kept in a trust until they are of age, or does their mother have the right to disburse any of the money?

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

It sounds pretty clearly that your husband needs some advice to get this all done right. You are right, if he just leaves the insurance money to young grandchildren, there could be big problems. Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and I will go over this with you, and give you some advice.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

My contact information can be obtained from the links below, just click on the Attorney Profile link. Let my secretary know you found me through LawGuru.

Disclaimer: This answer is based only on the statements you have made. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. You can not rely on the statements made by an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your situation, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the result for your situation.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Insurance Law Legal Forms