Legal Question in Employment Law in New Jersey

Can a company hold a person in a contract for 8 years in NY/NJ?My current employer has a train to hire program that states for every month of training, a year is added to the contract. Hence, I spent a year on training, and my contract is set to 12 years. I have been with the company for 4 years, so I have perhaps 8 years left. I am considering breaking this contract. I am looking for a Lawyer for this issue. Can you please let me know what type of Layer handles Employment breach of contract court cases?

John Corbett Corbett Law Firm LLC

It is possible that the terms of the contract are onerous or that the added term might be considered by a court to be an unlawful penalty. I can't tell from the information that you have provided but I could probably tell you more if I read the contract and knew more about the circumstances of employment. If you send a copy of the contract (email is best), I will look it over and get back to you. Please be sure to include your contact information.

See also: http://info.corbettlaw.net/lawguru.htm

Barry Gartenberg Barry F. Gartenberg LLC

I routinely advise clients on such matters and would be pleased to discuss your situation with you. Feel free to call (973-921-0600) or email (bfg@bgartenberg.com) me if you wish. Also, I invite you to visit my website www.bgartrenberg.com for more information about me and my practice.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms