Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New Jersey

We rented a beach propery on Long beach island NJ. The home was in a bad state when we checked it and despite promises by the owner to clean up and resolves a lot of the issues - he did not. We have proof of all the false promises he made via email and text messages. In the end, he even retained a portion of our deposit for ridiculous uncalled for charges. Now, he refused to answer a single call message or email. He also promised to repay us for an Internet router we had to buy while at his home due to a faulty one. He did not even give us money for that. We have proof of him agreeing to pay this. What are our chances in small claims court? Where would it be filed? Where the property is located or where the homeowner lives?

Matthew Schutz Matthew R. Schutz, Esq.

You have a good case. As far as venue goes, either works but I think the matter should be venued in the county where Defendant is resident

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Call me, come in to my office, and I will assist. You want to sue him, but I would discuss with you how and where.

Robert Davies, Esq.

201 820 3460

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New Jersey

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms