Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

Does the property owner have to be provided a copy of the listing agreement?

Miriam Jacobson Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson

If I understand your question, and I assume you mean the person who is selling the property, the property owner is the ONLY person who can enter into a listing agreement with a Realtor. So, yes, the property owner is the one who signs the listing, and therefore should have a copy of the listing agreement signed also by the Realtor/Agent.

THIS RESPONSE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, SINCE I DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE REQUIRED, AND I DO NOT HAVE A REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT WITH YOU.

* If the answers to your question confirm that you have a valid issue or worthwhile claim, your next step should almost always be to establish a dialog with a lawyer who can provide specific advice to you. Contact a lawyer in your county or township.

* Another reason for contacting a lawyer is that it is often impossible to give a good answer in the Internet Q&A format without having more information. The unique circumstances of your situation and things that you may not have thought to mention in your question may completely change the answer. If you want to be sure that you have a complete answer to your question and an understanding of what that answer means, establish a connection with a lawyer who practices in the area of your concern.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey