New Jersey  |  Wills and Trusts

Is there any where on the internet to find rulings/judgements about cases? I am specifically looking for NJ case law regarding changing a will after a diagnosis of dementia.

Answered on: 8/09/13, 5:01 pm by Miriam Jacobson

You won't find such a case. A person with dementia doesn't have the "sound mind" required to change his or her will. And no one else can change a will for another.

If you have such a situation, consult an estates lawyer.

THIS RESPONSE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, SINCE I DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE REQUIRED, AND I DO NOT HAVE A REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT WITH YOU.

* If the answers to your question confirm that you have a valid issue or worthwhile claim, your next step should almost always be to establish a dialog with a lawyer who can provide specific advice to you. Contact a lawyer in your county or township.

* Another reason for contacting a lawyer is that it is often impossible to give a good answer in the Internet Q&A format without having more information. The unique circumstances of your situation and things that you may not have thought to mention in your question may completely change the answer. If you want to be sure that you have a complete answer to your question and an understanding of what that answer means, establish a connection with a lawyer who practices in the area of your concern.

Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson 1900 JFK Blvd. Suite 1519 Philadelphia, PA 19103-1431

Answered on: 8/12/13, 7:19 am by Robert Davies

a person who has dementia can not change their will.

it sounds like you have a legal issue, and you need a lawyer.

call me, and I will assist.

Robert Davies, Esq.

201 820 3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A. 45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West Hackensack, NJ 07601