New Jersey  |  Wills and Trusts

I'm married and my wife is my sole heir in my will. We have two automobiles, both of which are in my name. If I die will she be able to use those cars before the will is probated?

Answered on: 9/15/11, 8:13 am by Larry Raiken

She will be able to use them but be able to title them in her name.

Larry S Raiken LLC 170 Changebridge Road Montville, NJ 07045

Answered on: 9/15/11, 9:14 am by Walter LeVine

I agree that she can use them. Ownership is in your estate until your Executor transfers title to the intended new owner.

Walter D. LeVine, Esq. 23 Vreeland Road #102 Florham Park, NJ 07932

Answered on: 9/15/11, 9:35 am by Miriam Jacobson

Only if she has a driver's license.

THIS RESPONSE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, SINCE I DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE REQUIRED, AND I DO NOT HAVE A REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT WITH YOU.

* If the answers to your question confirm that you have a valid issue or worthwhile claim, your next step should almost always be to establish a dialog with a lawyer who can provide specific advice to you. Contact a lawyer in your county or township.

* Another reason for contacting a lawyer is that it is often impossible to give a good answer in the Internet Q&A format without having more information. The unique circumstances of your situation and things that you may not have thought to mention in your question may completely change the answer. If you want to be sure that you have a complete answer to your question and an understanding of what that answer means, establish a connection with a lawyer who practices in the area of your concern.

Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson 1900 JFK Blvd. Suite 1519 Philadelphia, PA 19103-1431