Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

my parents have made me executor of their will and I dont want to be,what can be done to remove me from this matter. thank you.

Keith Singer Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law

There is most likely an alternate executor or executrix, you can decline the nomination. I would need to review the will in order to advise you further, you may call for an appointment to discuss. Best regards, Keith Singer, Esq. 732-749-3700

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

I agree with Keith. However, since your parents are alive, and if they have not named an alternate, have them do a Codicil and name one. Better yet, have them remove you and name someone else, like another child, if you have siblings, a close friend or a professional, like their attorney, although this might be costly in the long run due to fees and commissions. Actually, the work is not difficult, a lawyer or accountant will probably do most of the work, assisting you, and you will probably save money. So, reconsider your feelings.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey