Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

my parents have made me executor of their will and I dont want to be,what can be done to remove me from this matter. thank you.

Asked on 7/19/13, 11:47 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Keith Singer Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is most likely an alternate executor or executrix, you can decline the nomination. I would need to review the will in order to advise you further, you may call for an appointment to discuss. Best regards, Keith Singer, Esq. 732-749-3700

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 12:09 pm
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Keith. However, since your parents are alive, and if they have not named an alternate, have them do a Codicil and name one. Better yet, have them remove you and name someone else, like another child, if you have siblings, a close friend or a professional, like their attorney, although this might be costly in the long run due to fees and commissions. Actually, the work is not difficult, a lawyer or accountant will probably do most of the work, assisting you, and you will probably save money. So, reconsider your feelings.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 12:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now