New Jersey  |  Wills and Trusts

my parents have made me executor of their will and I dont want to be,what can be done to remove me from this matter. thank you.

Answered on: 7/19/13, 12:09 pm by Keith Singer

There is most likely an alternate executor or executrix, you can decline the nomination. I would need to review the will in order to advise you further, you may call for an appointment to discuss. Best regards, Keith Singer, Esq. 732-749-3700

Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law 1901 Route 71, Suite 3-E West Belmar, NJ 07719

Answered on: 7/19/13, 12:27 pm by Walter LeVine

I agree with Keith. However, since your parents are alive, and if they have not named an alternate, have them do a Codicil and name one. Better yet, have them remove you and name someone else, like another child, if you have siblings, a close friend or a professional, like their attorney, although this might be costly in the long run due to fees and commissions. Actually, the work is not difficult, a lawyer or accountant will probably do most of the work, assisting you, and you will probably save money. So, reconsider your feelings.

Walter D. LeVine, Esq. 23 Vreeland Road #102 Florham Park, NJ 07932