Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

The marriage date on the divorce my dead husband filed is wrong. Is the divorce valid?

John Watson John Watson, Attorney at Law

This question is odd in that if your husband is dead why does the date of his marriage matter to you? The other questions that immediately come to mine are: 1. Are you the former spouse or are you the spouse to whom he was married when he died? 2. What state is the divorce decree from? 3. If the date is wrong will the error impact anything directly, indirectly? 4. Is the other party to that divorce still alive?

You will need to provide additional information in order for this 'matter' to be more fully explored by an attorney. The zip code you entered is for Austin, TX. Thus, my reply questions for you take on more importance for an attorney responding to your query.

Good Luck.

Law Guru

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico