Legal Question in DUI Law in New Mexico

If you have a DWI charge and missed the court date due to work is it ok to enter back into the US?

Asked on 3/28/10, 2:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Probably, unless you enter through TX, for example, and your DWI charge is pending in TX. It is wise to assume that a bench warrant was issued by the court in which you were charged for your failure to appear. Whatever you do, you should immediately contact a criminal defense lawyer and obtain advice about clearing the charges with the court. DWI carries substantial penalties which can effect your driving rights for years. It will always be there to haunt you if you don't deal with it. Your best advice is to get right with the court in which your charges are pending as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/10, 8:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Mexico

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now