New Mexico  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/08/01, 2:27 pm

Need to know if I can leave the state with my child without repercussions.

I live in NM. I have a job opportunity in another state. I have a son and there has been no custody established. Me and the childs father have never gone to court, he is not on the birth certificate but does have a dna test proving he is the father, he does not pay child support and comes around when he wants. I have talked to him about moving if I leave he says he will push to throw me in jail. Am I allowed to move to another state since no custody has been established?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search