New York  |  Business Law

Hello,

I am an undergraduate student finishing two degrees (Music BA and Psychology BA) in May. I am a citizen of America and I have been teaching Spanish classes with a private company, in public and private schools around Brooklyn, but have only been trained by the company and do not have a certification for teaching as of yet. I am planning to do my masters directly after graduating and am looking at school psychology and music therapy programs.

Another teacher that works in the company with me is from Spain. She has a degree in Therapeutic Pedagology from Valencia Catholic University as well as a sign language degree from the same University. She has five years of experience working with special needs children in public schools in Spain. She is currently here on a student visa.

We are very interested in giving private therapeutic classes to special needs individuals. We would like to design a program in which we get kids and adults to interact creatively through music and learning Spanish words via story-telling, games, arts and crafts, and dancing. This is similar to how our current classes are structured, but we would like to specialize the classes for special needs children and adults, especially because she has extensive experience in this field.

What are the steps to doing this and what legal and ethical issues do we face?

Thank you!