New York  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/28/10, 9:16 am

I took a cousin to court for moneys owed last year, and he was court ordered for repayments. He has missed a few payments since then, but I didn't worry about it so much. I received an email from him a few weeks ago that he lost his job, and going to housing court because he missed his last 2 months of rent.

If he is really going through hardships, I dont want to be cold hearted, so I am willing to work with him till he can get back on track. But beyond my response email to him that I can lower or hold off the payments he has to repay monthly, is there anything else I should do? Can my court order against him be voided for doing this? Crazy to ask I know, but am I asking the correct or enough questions pertaining to my issue?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search