Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My childrens father filed court papers to change the custody agreement that we have. We have joint custody and I have primary residency. He is asking for primary residency of our older child but not the younger child. Will the courts separate children even if the older child who is 14 years old wants to go live with her father? My oldest child has a problem when I discipline her. This is why she wants to live with her father.

Asked on 7/17/13, 6:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends upon the circumstances but it is possible give the older child's age that the court may allow it. You should retain an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 9:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now